Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. THis aint the race for chase

Imagine my surprise when I was sitting around writing robot code as I usually do... listening to my play list, when I hear some music that tweaked my interest. I say to myself... Self... this should be posted. Then I look at the title to see that it is Dale Earnhardt Jr. My first thoughts.. where "Whoa... I always figured him for a more southern rock or country kind of guy". Then I decided there is no way this could be Junior. Between playing with his classic cars, and constantly losing races, there is no way he could have the time.




Well turns out that it was actually Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. and they are a band out of Detroit. Which I guess is a clever name for a band from Detroit...naming themselves after a race car driver. They have a a new EP out called Horse Power. Oh the puns never stop. Regardless, they have a great happy sound which lies somewhere between Local Natives and Vampire Weekend.

Listen: Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr" Vocal Chords"




Listen:Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr" Nothing But Our Love"





(You can download "Nothing but our Love" on their website just give them your e-mail )

No comments: