Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fight Bite



Welcome to another edition of Local Thursday on WTF. Today out of Denton, Texas we have Fight Bite... another one of those guy/girl (Leany and Jeff) duo bands.... very synth pop with haunting female vocals. I'm kinda pissed at myself I didn't post these guys sooner, but they came up on my playlist today to remind me. GVB also posted them earlier this week... I'm not copying, its purely coincidental... They are playing a show tomorrow presented by GVB with White Denim, Harlem, and the PVC Street Gang at Hailey's. Should be a fantastic show to say the least.

Anyways, Fight Bite are one of the up and comers out Denton... they have a sound reminicent of The Magnetic Fields meets a cool version of Enya. I believe the hip term for the genre is bedroom pop. Because obviously its sweet love making music... not the dirty rough kind as the band name suggests where you collapse in exhaustion possibly bleeding, but the sweet gentle kind where you cuddle afterward.

The name of the album is Emerald Eyes.

Here's a taste

Fight Bite - Swissex Lover

Fight Bite - Spring Rain

No comments: