Wednesday, May 5, 2010

White Denim




It's Cinco freakin De Mayo people. I'm posting early today, cause I'm drinking Margaritas at lunch....so on this very Mexican edition You Got Booned... we have White Denim. No this post isn't about Selena's pants... but damn weren't those some form fitting jeans... White Denim isn't even Mexican... athough the trio IS out of Austin TX, so that's close enough. Anyways, these guys has been on people's radar for a while (2005ish), especially the likes of Chris over at GVB... I'm fairly certain that's where I found out about them... and now on the wings of their third full length album Fits, they are getting a little bit more exposure to the masses... plus it doesn't hurt that they are supposed to put on an insane live show... which I still have yet to go to however... I think I take them for granted cause they are a local band and I think they'll be around forever. And why shouldn't I... they have a chameleon like sound that seems to fit in anywhere and nowhere... from rock to psych to good ol' fashioned soul... and funk... a whole lotta funk.


Listen:White Denim" Regina Holding Hands"




White Denim - Regina Holding hands

No comments: