Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Washed Out



Today's edition of You Got Booned features the music of the cartoon network. Seriously. Adult Swim has put out some mad tunes in their lifetime, and I think it all started with Danger Doom back in the day when Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Robot Chicken were the thing to watch. Now they are doing an Adult Swim Singles Promotion with Kia to put out 8 singles in 8 weeks for download.

Week 4 was the song "You and I" by Washed Out, featuring Chairlift’s Caroline Polachek. In case you don't know who Washed Out is... it is one guy... A one man band named Ernest Greene who made some damn fine music out of his bedroom. I guess there is one caveat though... He was in town not long ago... I had to miss the concert but Guy was quick to point out that because he's only one guy some equipment, he's not that exciting to see live. And I would expect that, since he's really got that Chillwave sound that is more suited for a loungy trendy scotch bar. Well, Boon Loved the song and requested I post and I agree with him. It reminds me a little of New Order or even Kenna from back in the day.


Listen: Washed Out" You and I "





And for shits and giggles I'm posting week 5's song too. The Black Lips are kinda of hit or miss, but when they hit, they knock it out of the freakin park.

Listen: Black Lips" Before you Judge Me "

No comments: