Friday, January 16, 2009

Top 130 of 2008 [66-51]

Oh we are so close to the top 50 I can taste it.. but first lets talk a bit about the cowboys... They kinda fit into this week list.. They are Rockstars, They've had their share of mistakes, They are America's Team, and the superbowl victory seems like a day that will never come. I think they need a Team Building retreat to improve their "chemistry"... Can't you see TO falling backwards, trusting Romo and Witten to catch him?




066. Steve Aoki - We Are Rockstars (ft Spank Rock Amanda Blank, and Does it offend you , yeah) - Great sound Great Remix. Btw, did you know Steve is Devon Aoki's Brother... one of the girls from D.E.B.S.

065. The Last Shadow Puppets - My Mistakes Were Made for you - Alex Turners side project offers stuff that is basically a more mellow version of the arctic monkeys

064. The Whigs - Mission Control - Athens GA band - good stuff, great hooks with a hint of southern sound.

063. Estelle (ft Kanye) - American Boy - I heard this a lot in singapore.. it stuck in my head.

062. Metallica - The Day that Never Comes - Back to the Days of One.

061. Be Your Own Pet - Becky - Nashville punk with a chick singer... but this song has a 50s vibe... and fun lyrics.

060. Bloc Party - Biko - The title of the new album is called intamacy, and this song as intimate as I've heard them... its like a soft melodic whisper in your ear building up to a sublte electronic beat

059. Jolie Holland - Mexico City - This is a really good song... I can see it making a movie sometime.. and it has a smidgeon of a mexican feel.

058. Coldpay - Violet Hill - you know how I know your gay... because you ranked Coldplay ahead of Metallica. yeah, I feel a little shame. But its the best track off la vida, and its catchy.

057. Men Without Pants - And the Girls Go - Great band name, Dan the automators newest project has a great toe tapping beat, and a catchy hook

056. Spiritualized - Soul on Fire - Mellow goodness. almost an alt-country feel, but with a poppy kind of orchestra behind them.

055. Bon Iver - For Emma - More Mellow goodness... just etherial sounding

054. What Made Milwaulkee Famous - REsistance St. - I wish these guys would get famous someday... they are really good.

053. The Ting Tings - That's not My Name - This is my happy song of the day.

052. N.E.R.D. - Everyone Nose (All the girls standing in the line for the bathroom) - I don't know why, but the minute I heard this song, I knew it would make my top list.

051. The Very Best (Esau Mwamwaya & RadioClit) - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwasssa (vampire weekend cover) - Ok this is a collabaration between african and brit pop doing a great Vampire weekend song. Sneaky I am... it's a really cool cover though

No comments: