Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top 130 of 2008 [82-67]

Assuming I don't meet my end early being blown up in a tragic fireworks accident, I hope to make it somewhere in the age range of 67-82.
I would like to say all these songs rock harder than your grandpa, but some of them are a little mellow. Oh well, enjoy the golden years of the list...

082. Melody Gardot - Goodnite - a girl from philly with a lounge jazz sound.
081. MC Chris - Hoodie Ninja - Whether or not he wants to admit it, mc chris is the father of nerdcore rap. This song makes me happy.

080. Magnetic Fields - Drive On, Driver - The magnetic fields have always had a particular quirky sound, and although nothing will ever match 69 love songs, there are a few tracks on this one that are great. I went with this one.

079. Dengue Fever - Sober Driver - Cambodian singing, crazy loungy sound... I always liked this band

078. The Mountains Goats and Kali King - Thank you Mario but the Princess is in another castle - I think the name of the song pretty much wreaks of awesomeness.

077. Gym Class Heroes - Blinded by the Sun - Did you know that the guy from GCH is dating Katy Perry? It's like the hipster version of Jay-Z and Beyonce.

076. The Panderers - Come On - Infectious little retro sound that sounds a little bit like a rockabilly version of Hank Williams "elijah"

075. Office - Dominoes - remind me of a rogue wave vibe... it's pretty happy too...

074. Clinic - Tomorrow - Boys from liverpool with a weird sound.. like the beatles during their Maharishi days maybe?

073. Uglysuit - Chicago - These boys from Oklahoma probably don't roll their joints all wrong, cause they managed to do something right... fusing alt-country with brit-pop to make... well this...

072. Calexico - Inspiracion - I love the little tango beat on this song, and Calexico trumpet melodies are always awesome... and on this track the trumpet player gets to sing! I only wish I knew who the girl was singing with him.

071. The Gaslight Anthem - Even Cowgirls get the Blues - Second coming of Springsteen? a good album altogether, I choice this track because I liked the Black-keysish guitar riff.

070. Beach House - Gila - This is just a great song. It sounds like it would be great in the sad part of a movie... when people are breaking up, or someoone is coping with a death. or maybe that's just the way I think.

069. Florence and the Machine - Kiss with a Fist - I immediately thought a poppy version of white stripes when I heard this song. I think I can get into her...

068. Kleerup - Until we Bleed (w Lykke Li) - More Swedeish Goodness... I'm a big fan of swedish bands.

067. Danny Elfman - The Little Things - This song surprised me... Elfman is known for doing soungtracks... Pee Wee, the Simpsons, anything Tim burton, and when he was in Oingo Boingo he did the Weird Science song... but this was totally unlike him.

Tomorrow is Friday. The Aggies beat Baylor. Life is good. To be continued...

No comments: