Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top 130 of 2008 [98-83]

We broke the top 100... now we are starting to get a little interesting. Today is kind of a world tour. On with the list.



098. Sons & Daughters - The Nest - Scottish Rockers and former members of Arab Strap.. .Like the sound and the vocals.

097. Voict - Two Devils - From the Netherlands... almost a polka background... but I like the sound.

096. Hayes Carll - She Left Me for Jesus - Houston country. He's a good songwriter.. this song was too funny not to share. I love it.

095. Tricky - Puppy Toy - That Bristol sound is back again.. one of the pionerrs of electronica comes back with a jazzy lounge sound.

094. Nicole Atkins - Maybe Tonight - East Coast gal that has a pretty voice and interesting melodies... but still a bit poppy

093. Miss Li - Don't try to fool me - Another Swede on my list with a interesting jazz pop sound and a bjork like voice.

092. A.A. Bondy - American Hearts - Saw him open for CWK at Lola's in Ft Worth... great acoustic sound, and a good songwriter from 'Bama.

091. Okkervil River - Lost Coastlines - Austin Indie Folk with a knack for having at least one standout song on a good album.. this is it.

090. Mike Patton - Perfect Twist - I'm pretty sure the ex Faith No More singer has gone totally mad... his music keeps getting weirder and weirder, but every once in a while he has another good nugget.

089. Nick Cave & Te Bad Seeds - Jesus on the Moon - I like the CD, and had a hard time deciding which song would represent it... I went with Jesus.

088. Santogold ft Pharrel Williams and Julian Casablancas - My Drive Thru - Yeah so she sold out to bud light, and Pharell.. it's still good stuff.

087. Ben Folds (w Regina Spector) - You don't know me - My happy song of the day.

086. Little Jackie - I believe that that the world should revolve around me - Totally fun song... I don't know if anybody remembers the song legend of a cowgirl from back in 97("Pack my Bags and Mount my horse, I'm gonna ride on into the next town...") well she has a new band and this is it.

085. She and Him - Why Do you let me stay here? - mmmmm zoey. She's so awesome. I love her voice. I like her songwriting. I love her.

084. Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook - Icelandic guys with their own little language that they made up... the songs always sound good, but I'd still want to be able to understand lyrics one of these days.

083. Dears - Crisis 1&2 - Canadian band... the last album lacked a little... this one is better, and this song is more of a minimalistitic pop song that still manage to sound complex.

To be continued...

Downloads:

Um yeah had to take the downloads down for this post... e-mail me for a link.

No comments: