Thursday, February 5, 2009

Arkells - What r they all aboot eh?




The Canadian Invasion continues. The Arkells are from Ontario, and they released their Jackson Square album last year. Boon suggested I check these guys out and I was impressed. There are quite a few standout tracks on the album... It's hard to describe their sound.. I would say it's Killers with a smidgeon of Kings of Leon, and maybe a dash of drive by truckers. An indie rock, bluesy country feel, dependent on the track you pick. I picked "Oh, the Boss is coming" which is ironic cause by boss just came into my office mid post creation. Luckily I have lightning quick mouse reflexes.

Mp3:

Arkells - Oh, the Boss is Coming!


oh and in other Tony Romo/Jessica Simpson news... Seems like Tony didn't like Jessica's recent weight gain and decided to cheat on her.. . in her bed... at least that's how the rumors go. Personally I think he was hoping she would just join in. Anyways, I heard this song by Mike Viola today and I decided it was appropriate for them.

Mp3:

Mike Viola - A Way to Say Goodbye (live)





No comments: