Friday, February 6, 2009

Covers Friday - Cure edition /Lady Sov

It seems there is a tribute album to the cure coming out... which is fine and good, but it basically reminded me that...



yeah my favorite Mighty Midget
Lady Sovereign has a new album coming out in
April... this is the second track that leaked and it's basically a cover of
The Cure's "Close to me", and I don't have an MP3 yet, but I had to share via the stream. Here's a pic of the lovely lady too.


Listen: Lady Sov,
"So Human"


But wait there's more... Cure covers that is...

Why? does a pretty good version of "Close to Me"

MP3:

Why? - Close to Me

and then there is this cover from the
Watson Twins' Fire Songs album....

Mp3:

Watson Twins - Just like Heaven

and speaking of that song, the new Cure tribute Album is called
Just Like Heaven: A tribute to the Cure. Here are a couple of tracks off of it.

Mp3:

Submarines - Boys Don't Cry

Kitty Karlisle - In Between Days





No comments: