Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Walkmen ...surpisingly with absolutely nothing to do with the 80s



It's a sweater! ....seriously don't they look like El Guapo's men in this pic.

The Walkmen out of NYC have been around for a little bit, and I flirted with the idea of them being on the Top 130 last year, because that's when their latest album, You & I, was released, but I hadn't had enough listens yet. I do like these guys... they have balls... their previous album was a song for song cover of Harry Nilson's PussyCats , and they show they have the range to do the instrumentals or smooth indie, or even some garage rock.

I bring you one of the more mellow songs from their latest album

Mp3:
The Walkmen - Four Provinces

and then off their second album,
Bows + Arrows, my favorite Walkmen song ever.

Mp3:
The Walkmen - The Rat

No comments: