Friday, April 10, 2009

Covers Friday ... I need to get off my ass and work out edition



Dude. I'm gettng fat. I totally need to be hitting the gym again. But Covers Fridays must go on ... so I've got for you some covers about walking, running... etc. you know being active.

Let's see... lets start off slow... let's prepare our feet.

A little
tears for fears.. sorry this is probably the weakest of todays covers but you gotta start somewhere.

Samamidon - Head over Heels

some
Decemberists... you gotta remember to take care of those ankles...

Blanket Music - Red Right Ankle

and then strap up those boots
Nancy...

Barcode Brothers - These Boots were Made for Walking

... now its time to Walk

Here's a cover of
Tegan and Sara by Jack and Meg..

White Stripes - Walking with a Ghost

and a cover of a bangles classic... by the way I love these girls... I'm a huge fan of
the pipettes, but these girls take retro sound even further... like Andrew Sisters further...



Puppini Sisters - Walk Like an Egyptian.

speaking of classic, how bout Patsy Cline, from the
Trinity Revisted project

Cowboy Junkies - Walking After Midnight

and I couldn't decide between these DAniel Johnston covers of the same song . ..

TV on the Radio - Walking the Cow

A-Camp - Walking the Cow


... ok, let's pick up the pace to a run...

Here's Placebo doing Kate Bush... one of the greatest Placebo songs of all time

Placebo - Running up that Hill

and Elbow doing U2

Elbow - Running to Stand Still

and Finally, the flock of seagulls classic... It always comes back to Flock of Seagulls. They are my lobster.

Love is all - I ran






No comments: