Monday, April 27, 2009

Crocodiles ..they have quite a bite



So yeah, The new band from the heart of the whale's vagina... San Diego... or as ze germans called it San dee-Ahgo .... They are called the Crocodiles. They are another retro sounding band... although the more I think about it...when do things stop being retro? When does it just become todays sound? Regardless, I still consider them having an 80's pop electro punk... yet it's totally unique... a bit remincent of Jesus & the Mary Chain meets Love and Rockets with a dash of the Ramones. For some reason I think of the first Crow Soundtrack when I hear "Summer of hate". And "I wanna Kill" makes me happy because it starts off with the "And then he Kissed me" riff and one of the interludes sounds like "Crocodile Rock". The song names may sound harsh and angry, but they are really catchy songs...

Their debut Album
Summer of Hate drops tomorrow (April 28th) and will be released on Fat Possum records. Check it out if you get a chance.

Crocodiles - I wanna Kill

Crocodiles - Summer of Hate

No comments: