Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Ropes ...they have entangled me




The Ropes have a New EP out... its dropped in March and is called Be My Gun. Who are The Ropes you may ask? THey are a two person group out of New York... some say they have a sound that is a cross between The Knife and The Chromatics, and you can definitely here this on some of their work... they released a full length album last year called What they do for fun, and now they are back with new stuff. "Kitty Get Down" is a song I'm posting from the new EP its got an electronic vibe and it's "super, stick in your head" upbeat. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say its a little like K's Choice meet Goldfrapp meet old school Rilo Kiley. Regardless... its good stuff... Toppy's beats and Sharon Shy's vocals just linger in your head for hours.

Edit: Boon says they sound a lot like Metric, and I will concur that on this track that is true... however the other tracks on the album are of a different style... but I do agree Shy could pass for Emily Haines.

MP3:

The Ropes - Kitty Get Down

No comments: