Monday, April 20, 2009

Kamikaze Queens



I'm a big fan of the theatrical type showmanship of bands... that's why I love Gogol Bordello so much... well that and their sound is unique. Well, that's what makes this band so intriguing to me... Kamikaze Queens can be described as cabaret punk although its kinda hard to classify ... They are straight out of Berlin, so they have ze german influence (makes me want to polka).... eh I guess they sound a bit like an old school vaudeville act combined with a lil bit of glam punk and a touch of rockabilly. Not only are they cool, but they have 2 female frontwomen... Trinity and Mad Kate... so that makes me doubly happy.

This is the title track from the new Album, Voluptuous Panic! It came out March 30th...

Kamikaze Queens - Voluptuous Panic

No comments: