Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Evelyn Evelyn




quite possibly the weirdest premise for a Band ever, Evelyn Evelyn is a musical duo consisting of two conjoined twin sisters. The duo was supposedly "discovered" by Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls and Jason Webley. At least that is what we are supposed to believe. The "twins" look and sound suspiciously like Palmer and Webley... but who am I to judge. I wish there was an actual key for Air quotes. Real quotes just don't show my skepticism enough.

Anyways, This is a random album. It's like a movie... the rise to fame of the great conjoined duo and makes you feel a part of it. I'm a Carney at the circus with a creepy crush on the siamese twins... well at least one of them. But I know that Eva knows I only want her for her sister so I settle for the bearded lady. In my mind Eddie Izzard was playing the part of Mr Kite from Sgt Pepper. And there was a chicken Man. He raised them in the chicken wire cage you know. And Sandy Fishnets... she used to read to them at night. And they rode an elephant. And then they made all sorts of new friends. On Myspace. Like Margaret Cho, Corn Mo, Chantal Claret, Frances Bean Cobain, Neil Gaiman, Tegan and Sara, Andrew W.K., and “Weird Al” Yankovic... to name a few. And they all sang together like the people in We are the World. The old cool one. not the crappy new one with Jamie Foxx doing a Ray charles impression.

You know what really cracked me up the most though? At the End of the Album, the conjoined twins sing a cover of Love will Tear us Apart. hahahahaha.

Sounds Mad? Pure Insanity? It is. Its wondrous beautiful madness. and they have taken me with them apparently.

Listen: Evelyn Evelyn "have you seen my sister Evelyn?"




Evelyn Evelyn - have you seen my sister Evelyn

No comments: