Monday, March 1, 2010

Rubik not just for cubes anymore




Ah Finland. you have given us so much lately. I especially liked the 6 goals you allowed in the first period of the semifinal game... that was so nice of you. But that's not all the finnish give... they give us music. Did you know that Finland is the metal capital of the world... actually I don't know if that's true, but there are quite a bit of metal bands there. Then amidst all the metal, stands Rubik.

Rubik may not be metal, but they are definitely finnish... look at these guys... when I think finland, these guys are what I imagine the fins to look like. A polar opposite to their death metal counterparts all over the country, Rubik is happy indie pop... smooth melodies, catchy hooks.. the whole shebang. Their second self produced album is Dada Bandits, and this is my favorite song from it.

Listen: Rubik, "Goji Berries"



Rubik - Goji Berries

No comments: