Thursday, March 18, 2010

Samuraj Cities




These guys kinda frighten me in their picture. I don't like the way they are looking at me... my first thought it to say "Hey fun boys get a room" with techno music blaring in the background "unce unce ucne ucne unce". Then I get a bit scared they could be looking at me saying "the pants. Now take off the pants". But I guess I will have to forgive them cause they are Swedish and are probably watching an intense women's curling match.

Sweden has given us so much good music over the years... the list is overwhelming, so its no suprise that Samuraj Cities rock. And they do rock. It's kinda early 2000 retro, reminding me of Communique or early Bravery. They sound awesome, and I really love the song I'm posting from their album Mixed Up Record Collections. I just can't get over the J in the name. The name is pronounced Samarai Cities.... yet they stuck a J in there to confuse me. Is that really necessary? I mean you guys sing in English, so shouldn't the name be in English too? Or is it just cause its a japanese word? Maybe they are just rebels. From now on the J is dead to me.


Listen: Samuraj Cities, "Spoonful of Talk"




Samuraj Cities - Spoonful of Talk

No comments: