Wednesday, March 3, 2010

She & Him have got a hold on me.



Hello and Welcome to today's edition of "You got Booned" where Boon tells me what to post and I do what he says like the obedient lap dog that I am. However today I have no qualms about this post.... She & Him. This post is about Zooey. sigh... ah Zooey... thy beauty makes me fall to my knees and those eyes stare holes through my soul. Ok, M. Ward... you are a cool fellow as well, but Zooey is the embodiment of all that is good in this world. Damn you Ben Gibbard for taking her off the market.

ahem... back to the music. So Volume 1 was released a few years ago and it was a brilliant record. I remember being at SxSW in 2008, front row at one of their first performances together ever and I was giddy like a school girl. I had no idea what to expect back then, and the music and the vocals blew me away.

Two years later, and I still don't get tired of listening to Volume 1. but thankfully the sequel that is Volume 2 will be out on March 23rd, and you can pre-order it at Merge . Now my expectations are through the roof. I expect their 2010 SxSW performances to be awesome and packed.
(03/18 – Cedar Street Courtyard (Merge Records Showcase)
(03/20 – Auditorium Shores (Ground Control Touring Showcase).

I expect the album to be spectacular. And based on the first couple of tastes of the album, my expecations might actually be met.

The first single "In the Sun" features some guest vocals from Tilly and the Wall... it's a bit more poppy than the norm, but still fabulous. You can purchase the 7" at Merge as well.

Listen: She & Him, "In the Sun"



She & Him - In the Sun


The second song is "Thieves" is an awesome countrifried throwback. It reminds me of a song that you would hear on Mad Men.

Listen: She & Him, "Thieves"



She & Him - Thieves



And now our picture gallery to the band ... well mostly zooey.
click on each for a larger view.

















No comments: