Friday, February 19, 2010

Covers Friday - 80s S&M edition




Ah the 80's.... when the soviet union was our only enemy, the US won gold in Hockey, and if you busted out some killer breakdancing moves you were applauded and not laughed at. I don't care what you say... my robot is the bomb. Anyways, I picked 4 random 80s covers, and then realized that the song titles could be construed to insinuate some sort of need for some experimental sexual act, especially if your mind is int he gutter. Then I added Heart of Glass and screwed the theme all together.... or did I? I found this essay (site NSFW)




...and then I realized fantasies about NPR are probably the most deviant sexual fantasies ever. So here's to Ira Glass...

Listen: Old School Freight Train, "Heart of Glass (Blondie)"



Old School Freight Train - Heart of Glass




Girls do want to have fun. nasty freaky fun.

Listen: Starfucker, "Girls Just Want to have fun (Cyndi Lauper)"




Starfucker - Girls Just want to have fun


Christian Troy in Nip/Tuck was looking for that new sensation... it was autoerotic asphyxiation... wait didn't Michael Hutchence of INXS actually Die of that? I think its disturbing that I automatically associated that with this song/

Listen: Snow Patrol, "New Sensation(INXS)"



Snow Patrol - New Sensation


Just drip the candle wax on my chest... just like honey


Listen: Headless Heroes, "Just like Honey (Jesus & Mary Chain)"



Headless Heroes - Just like Honey

...and Master and Servant. jeesh how obvious can you be. break out the ball gag and the leather chaps.


Listen: Nouvelle Vague, "Master And Servant (Depeche Mode)"



Nouvelle Vogue - Master and Servant

No comments: