Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Memory Tapes



So when I think of a memory tape, I automatically think 80's... you know when you used to back up the info on your computer to a tape... sometimes even a cassette... It all seems weird now after the life and death of floppy disks and the rise of flash drive. Well Dayve Hawk must be nostalgic to those times, cause the Jersey Kid has called himself all these things... Weird Tapes, Memory Cassette, and finally Memory Tapes. It could be worse... I mean he is from Jersey... he could be calling himself the situation or something.

The Music is about as throwback as the name.... Totally 80's renaissance... it's like an amalgamation of Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, and a little Placebo thrown in there for some spice. BTW if I were from Jersey perhaps I would call myself The Amalgamation.

So the Seek Magic album came out in Sept.... I say album btw cause you can't really get a CD anymore... well not easily... its far easier to get vinyl these days. Guy and I went to the Girls/Magic Kids/Smith Westerners concert at the HOB, and all they sold was vinyl. But I digress... this particular album....It's pretty damn good. The song "Bicycle" made my top 100 songs of the year... that I may share with you sometime.




Listen: Memory Tapes, "Bicycle"



Memory Tapes - Bicycle


Listen:Memory Tapes, "Green Knight"



Memory Tapes - Green Knight

No comments: