Thursday, February 25, 2010

Martha & the Muffins are tops



mmmm muffin tops.... Since Boon has decided to cross the hudson with his picks lately, I'm going to shell out a Canadian band today to honor their trouncing of Alex Ovechkin(aka comrade douchebag and his russkies). Not only a canadian band, but a band that was formed in 1977. A band that had an international hit in 1980. Then did absolutely nothing of consequence for 30 freakin' years. Personally I think they were just waiting for the new wave revivial so they'd be back in style. That band is Martha and the Muffins.

I'm not even sure what to say about the first song from their new album Delicate. It is all over the place, and sometimes I think I really like it, and then sometimes I think it belongs more in the 90s in the Poe Hello days... Actually to be honest it reminds me of the I know what you did last summer soundtrack because of the Kula Shaker cover of Billy Joe Royal's "Hush", which was actually big in the late 70s. I'm so confused... I think its cause I listened to passion pit right after. eh you decide. what a "mess".





Listen: Martha And the Muffins, "Mess"



Martha and the Muffins - Mess

No comments: