Thursday, February 18, 2010

Strange Boys




All hail the sons of Bob. Not me Bob... I'm fairly certain I don't have any offspring. Not Bob Dylan, although some of the songs are reminicent of his electric blues-folk style. No, The Strange Boys are the offspring of Bob Sambol, owner of Bob's Steak and Chop house here in Dallas. That's right, even though they claim to be from Austin, they belonged to Dallas first.

I'll have to admit, it took me way too long to get the first album.... I slacked a little, but now I've got it... The Strange Boys and Girls Club is the name, and it's kinda awesome. easily in the top 50 of last year: Lo Fi sound with a tinge of blues, and 70's psych.... They've come along way since their Dallas days, and they are only getting better. Album #2 has dropped now, and its called Be Brave, and from what I've heard it sounds as promising as the first one.

But I digress. Less talk more rock.


Listen: Strange Boys, "Probation Blues"



Strange Boys - probation blues


Here's the title track from the new album

Listen: Strange Boys, "Be Brave"



Strange Boys - Be Brave


unless you'd rather watch the video...

No comments: