Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Double post - Lovely Eggs /Schaffer the Dark Lord




I'm gonna do a double post today...cause I was gone for Thursday and Friday of last week... AND... these two songs actually make a Back to the Future reference. which I find somewhat odd and intriguing... first off... Lovely Eggs. I'm not gonna lie... I could listen to the song "Have you ever heard a digital Accordian" over and over again... it reminds me of something that could be on Saturday morning cartoons back in the day... well at least most of the song. The Lancaster UK married couple offers that same kind of vibe in pretty much everything I've heard... most of it has a kind of Moldy Peaches meets the Breeders knda feel, but every once in a while there is a noisy little bit just to remind you that they've got a lil punk in them... in fact I think i'd classify their music as garage nerdpop-punk. here's the song, and the video to the song just cause it's silly.


listen: Lovely Eggs "Have you ever seen a digital Accordian"




Lovely Eggs - Have you Ever Seen a Digital Accordian










And speaking of nerds... I heard this nerdcore rapper and I just had to post... His name is Schaffer the Darklord, or STD for short. Based in New York now, STD used to be a heavy metal drummer in San Fran (I sh*t you not) but now focuses on some pop culture heavy rhymes. Again I provide a video and a song, but this time they are different. yeah I'm freakin' sneaky like that.


listen: Schaffer the Darklord "Arrival of the Fittest"




Schaffer the DarkLord - Arrival of the Fittest


No comments: