Friday, April 2, 2010

VOTDs - Matt and Kim - Lessons Learned/Jamaica - I think I Like U2

So apparently people here in Dallas are outraged at Erykah Badu for her guerrilla video where she not only stripped down naked in the streets of Dallas, but she did it with unsuspecting passer-bys including little kids watching. Oh and then she simulates getting shot right around where JFK was shot. Some people are up in arms about her desecrating a "sacred" place. some people just say she should have been arrested for indecent exposure. Some people are even actually playing the race card, saying that if she was white she would have gone to jail. You can watch the video here if you want to see what the fuss is about. I personally think is pretty cool. And if you look around at all the unsuspecting people in the video, no one seems to be appalled. or seems to care. Especially the kids. Which blows my mind, cause if I were a kid I'd totally be checking that out. BTW, when asked about the children, Badu said that she tried to "telepathically communicate" her intent to them so they would not be scarred for life.... Maybe it worked?

Oh, so at the beginning of the video, it says "inspired by Matt and Kim". So Ladies and Gentlemen, I decided to post the video that inspired the controversy. I like this one better than Erykah's video, but I think its cause I like the song better.




As an extra unrelated bonus, here is a really cool video for a good song by Jamaica. Formerly called Poney Poney. They are from France, and I don't think they would care if people were walking naked down the street. They would probably be all "Le sigh... another naked boody"

No comments: