Monday, April 5, 2010

San Saba county




Austin, Texas natives San Saba County like to call them self post.alt.country. I'm gonna have to agree. I keep listening to this song over and over again, and I can't help but think of Son Volt meets the Old 97s.. I can even hear twinges of Jay Farrar in Saba's voice. Unfortunately for everyone, the No Depression era has came and went paving away for the Indie Folk Explosion that we have now. It's really sad though... The country roots are gone or at least Fading. The Texas Music scene just hasn't been the same since 2004.... I think around the time Pat Green sold out and went to Nashville. Red Dirt tried to pick up the slack but now its just a bunch of pretty boys trying to get a Nashville contractas well. I think in Texas, Indie is the new Outlaw. It is far better to sound more like Wilco than Jack Ingram. Some of the greatest songwriters ever have come from Texas. Lets hope that always stays that way.


Listen: San Saba County "The Devil and Marie"




San Saba County - The Devil and Marie

No comments: