Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Minus the Bear



Today You got Booned will feature the first single from the fourth Minus the Bear album, Omni... named after guitar player Dave Krudson's new toy... a Japanese Omnichord synthesizer straight from 1981. It seems that the band decided to get a little more experimental in their ways on the new album... especially the first track which is "My Time" .. however they didn't abandon their old style completely... there are still plenty of fabulous guitar riffs and all sorts of random sound effects going on, but on a whole I think the album is a lot less out there than the other albums. much more poppy and far more groovy. My favorite track would have to be "Into the Mirror" I think... its got more groove than anything else in the album... Its weird though.. listening to some of the tracks on the album makes me feel like I'm listening to 80s pop...

So here is "My Time" and couple of Bonus videos... A song that did not make the new album unfortunately... chicken (wrapped in bacon) AND a video for "Throwin' Shapes" that we saw a few times at the Granada while waiting for Yeasayer and Javelin... and its sillier than the thought of the Cowboys going 8-8 next year....


Listen: Minus the Bear "My Time"




Minus the Bear - My Time







No comments: