Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Law




The Law. Now here's a bunch of Scottish blokes from Dundee that put out an album last year called A Measure of Wealth and I like the sound... It's got a bit of a Kaiser Chiefs meets the Bravery thing going on... which doesn't quite make them mainstream, but it does make them Josh Scwartz -like show worthy... perhaps even movie soundtrack worthy. I like this song, I'm not gonna lie, but I do have some issue with their name. You see, they say that the name is a combination of two things. First they are named after a dormant volcano in their hometown... and thats cool... I would have totally left it at that. But then they go and say that number two is a because of their love of Joe Strummer and the Clash and their song "I fought the Law". Now there is nothing wrong with liking the clash... I can definitely see the influence of London Calling on this album. That is a good thing. HOWEVER... the clash didn't write I fought the Law... that belongs to the Crickets... or at least Bobby Fuller... That is a Texas song sirs and should be given credit.

That is all.

Listen: The Law "Don't Stop,Believe"




The Law- Don't Stop, Believe

No comments: